Manuscripts in Progess
Always remember that you are absolutely unique...just like every one else - anonymous
The family book pages was genrated with Personal Ancestral File and in the process of being turned into TNG [The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ]
format to put up online so that webpages will not have to be remade eavery time new data comes in and can be autlomaticlly updated and can be done virtually from anywhere I
have internet access. I like this better as it provides immediate access and immediate updates - plus a version of my files are fully up and off this computer hopefully "safe".
The items that have links will change to a highlighted color when the mouse is moved over them or are in bold - Personal Ancestral File automatically put all names in "Bold". I you do not have a genealoigcal data
base program you are using you can go get Personal Ancestral File
, which is a product of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is downloadable for "FREE".
The Overmyer, Stahl, Norris, Alt/ault and some of the other manuscripts are in PAF (Personal Ancestral File) which is what I have been using over the last 10 years and
then it has been Gedcom-ed so it could be transferred to the TNG (The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding) program - under Burns-McKee Hertiage; link to it on the side bar.
the TNG program allows instant additions and corrections to be made online, and I have to manually enter all into the PAF (the master file). the TNG will eliminate the
constant need for re-generating webpages from PAF it also allows for all notes, commnets, docmentation and sorucing to be available to all.
- Alt or Ault ancestry (TNG) - Valtine Alt His children and grandchildren and more... Ault's down to today
Two major works used plus other resources:
Nellie Wallace Reeser, "VALINTIN ALT, HIS CHILDREN AND HIS GRAND CHILDREN", Pub. 1949, York, PA Copy of Mimeographed, 123 pp
Nellie Wallace Reeser, Chartered Records of the Valentin Alt Family In America, A (1963, West Lafayette, Indiana Handwritten/Typed Family Group Sheets 2876 pgs. bound in 4 vols )
- The Revised Genealogical Records of John and Anthony Emery (website) of Newberry, Massachusetts
[Revised Genealogical Records of John Emery of Newberry,
Massachuesetts (1982, Gateway Baltimore, Md.) Judith Elaine Burns] and orginialy was Genealogical Records of
John and Anthony Emery of Newbury, Mass. (1890, Emery Cleaves, Salem, Mass.) Rev. Rufus Emery
- Thomas Hardesty
of Greene county Indiana and his Ancestors and Descendants; Thomas Hardesty's ancestors
from William Hardesty of England b. c. 1575 probably Hampswaite, York, England;
Hardesty heritage Index Thomas Hardesty of Greene county Indiana, Coshocton county,
Ohio and Anne Arundell County, Maryland; preface and miscelleanous information (non-TNG) on allied lines; - everything within has been given freely by some descendants researching this line for publication mainly in previous years during the pre-1990 era as a Xerox project limited to at the most
20 copies and new copies given to those who helped do research and hunted down relatives; many of those who were so dedicated to this project are now deceased. All other information has been found by combing the
internet since then, newspapers or obituaries etc. There is alot of work to be done on this file as gedcoms wee shared - also there are serval files in the background to compare as yet and merge with this information.
The last few years have been plagued with computer probelms - and I need to get this all combined cleaned up and worable if at all possible - please bear with me.
the old PAF format:
- The Bays family - Ancestors and Descendants of Greene County Indiana. This was started for a gal in Washington
D.C. and contains much data - Needs to be retyped into computer or put into PAF
- The Vandeventers of Greene, Owen, Clay, Martin, Morgan, Monroe coutnites, Indiana; also Shelby and Spencer
Counties, Kentucky and New Amsterdam (New York)
- Absolum Vandeventer & wives Susanna Coghill, Mary Ellen Elizabeth Huffman of Greene
- John and Nancy (Franklin) Vandeventer
- James and Nancy (Ingrum) Vandeventer
- Josiah and Emilie "Millie" (Hugh/Hughes)Vandeventer
- Jacob and Mary (Driscoll)Vandeventer
- The Descendants and Ancestors of Joesph Howe Mc Kee
Of Owen county Indiana (Mc Kee's of Virginia, Kentucky and Indiana)
- Alexander and Katherine (Agnew) Mc Kee descendants (Scotland)
- John and Polly Mc Kee (of Kentucky)
- Anthony Mc Kee (Pennsylvania, Ohio, Fulton and Marshall counties Indiana (non-TNG)
- Other Miscelleanous Mc Kee Information
- The House of Reichard's (non-TNG)
that Joseph and Mariah Apolliana Reichard's Descendants Built - Marshall, Fulton, Jay, Montgomerty counties Indiana; Ohio, Pennsylvania
Manuscripts & Books by others transcribed by me into PAF and updated some and are ein TNG or will be soon:
The Thomas Norris Family from: Harry Alexander Davis,
( surname index )The Norris Family of Maryland & Virginia; Genealogy of Thomas Norris 1361 - 1930;
the old PAF format: Norris family of Maryland
(4 vol. 1941 Washington D.C. Transcript), Library of Congress, Washington D.C. 20540, Cs71.N858; Microfilm 88/5447 MicRR 99ft.- - PAF Data based with additons and corrections; also microfim copies exist. Found
in Library of Congress - alslo including "The Norris Family" is an amazing work in Genealogy, 1500 pages in four volumes. Only three copies were produced, and one is located in the Rare Books Section of the Library
of Congress. Another is to be in the Kansas DAR Library at Dodge City, Ks.
from here you can use the index to find your ancestors the numbers in () behind the name are from the above mentioned books; what numbering system they had or used. I am in the process of combining the
PAF file of a friend's line that I have researched into the manuscript file and deciding if i should maintain both or just abanoned the orginial manuscript one and work with only the one file but i will
try and keep the original with some addttions/corrections avaiable for comparision in future.
- * Thomas Miller Myers, The Norris Family of Maryland ((1916) William Clemens, Publisher New York, New York), New England Historic Genealogical Society, CS/71/N858/1916. This work is not documented.
- * Gertrude Cleghorn Josserand (Mrs. Guy D.), Kentucky Descendants of Thomas Norris of Maryland 1630 - 1953 and Allied Families ((1916) Edwards Brothers Inc. Ann Arbor, Mich.), New England Historic Genealogical Society, CS/71/N858/1953.
- * Marjorie (Butler) (Mrs. Henry Norris) Harrison, Pennsylvania Descendants of Thomas Norris of Maryland 1630 - 1959 and allied Families (1959 Edwards Brothers Inc. Ann Arbor, Mi.), National Genealogical Society, 4527 Seventeenth St. N., Arlington, Virginia. 22207-2399, CS/71/N858/1959.
- OVERMYER'S Marshall, Fulton and Pulaski counties Indiana. (non-TNG)
Overmyer History and Genealogy From 1630 - 1908 (1908, Chas. S. Belmont Printer Fremont, Oh) Collated by Barnart B, and John C. Overmyer; I have the
book; and this is the PAF databased version with additions and corrections. I found it at an auction in Culver among regular books and was able to purchase it for a reasonable price. There are pictures that will eventually be scanned and put on to the site. Orginal
spelling Obermayer There are pictures that will eventually be
scanned and put on to the site. Orginal spelling Obermayer
And other resources available.
- STAHL's of Germany; Ohio; Marshall & Fulton County Indiana , a branch of the Zechiel Family
the old PAF format: Stahl history
This I found at a yard sale amongest old books - it had numerous clipped obits, funeral cards and other news articles in it.
- Conrad Emery and Descendants
This is an entirely different branch of Emery's than listed above - German out of New Jersey and Pennsylvania, they spread into Ohio,
Indiana and Illinios and other points west. I obtained the book and have been in the process of updating it also.
If you have trouble accessing the TNG data bases please contact either me at
(this is scripted for TNG access for immediate attention) or Katy